There are different criteria that must be considered when wood formwork is designed.
Following are the different criteria for design of wooden concrete formwork
- ASD adjustment factor for lumber stresses
- Factor of overall member size
- Stability factor for beam
- Column stability factor
- Factor of load duration
- Bearing area factor
- Moisture factor
- Flat application factor
- Safety factor for formwork accessories
- Repetitive factor of member utilization
- Manufactured wood products
- Adjustment factor for plywood stresses
Good safety plans for formwork system ensure execution of construction project as per established construction practice and avoid undesired events such as failure of formwork and consequent delay in construction and possible loss of life. Commonly, safety shall begin .
There are several factors that may lead to the failure of formwork during and after concrete placement. Improper bracing can cause formwork failure since the weight of fresh concrete is no longer supported by formwork system. Unanticipated incident can …