Fly ash brick (FAB) is a building material.Fly ash bricks are lighter and stronger than clay bricks. Main ingredients include fly ash, water, quicklime or lime sludge, cement, aluminum powder and gypsum. Autoclaving increases the hardness of the block by promoting quick curing of the cement.
The raw materials for Fly Ash Bricks are:
|Sand/Stone Dust||30 %|
|Ordinary Portland Cement/(Lime+Gypsum)||10%|
|Total formula of material||100%|
The strength of fly ash brick manufactured with the above compositions is ranges between 7.5 MPa and 10 MPa.
- It reduces dead load on structures due to light weight (2.6 kg, dimension: 230 mm X 110 mm X 70 mm.
- Same number of bricks will cover more area than clay bricks
- High fire Insulation
- Due to high strength, practically no breakage during Transport and use.
- Due to uniform size of bricks mortar required for joints and plaster reduces almost by 50%.
- Due to lower water penetration Seepage of water through bricks is considerably reduced.
- Gypsum plaster can be directly applied on these bricks without a backing coat of Lime plaster.
- These bricks do not require Soaking in water for 24 hours. Sprinkling of water before use is enough.
There are no reviews yet.